High quality sound recordings come from the high quality instruments and recording gear. Here’s what we used in the studio on our current album.
- Rode NT-1 condenser microphone
- 1967 Gibson B25 12-string acoustic guitar
- 1975 Martin D18 acoustic guitar
- 1994 Fender Precision bass guitar
- 2014 Teton Rosewood Cutaway acoustic guitar
- 2016 Fender Nashville Telecaster electric guitar
- Gibson Hound Dog Dobro®
- Korg M-1 keyboard
- Presonus Studio One 3 Creative Music Production Environment
Studio “B” (John’s House)
Shiny Guitars – Even More Unplugged
Watch these and other videos on our Facebook Fan Page!Fun in the studio with Shiny Guitars’ members, Tom Coburn and John Nikakis, recording their original song, “Go Fly A Kite”.
Enjoying this 1961 hit song, “Walk Right Back,” written by Sonny Curtis was recorded and made popular by the Phil and Don Everly of the Everly Brothers.
Swapping acoustic guitars for bass and ukulele on this oldie, “Ukulele Lady” written by Gus Kahn and Richard A. Whiting and made popular by Arlo Guthrie.